Horseheath Lodge

The Batson family bought the remnants of Horseheath Hall Estate in the late 1700’s and built Horseheath Lodge in 1800 using bricks from Horseheath Hall for the foundations.  The 1834 Derby winnner, Plenipotentiary, was owned by Stanlake Batson and trained on the estate.  This success is recorded on the Village Sign in the centre of the Village, erected by Sir Arthur Marshall, a later owner of the Lodge, whose family still run Marshalls, the Cambridge aerospace and vehicle business.

 

1800-1925, including the Batsons and Plenipotentiary

1925-2007, including the Marshalls

Sale particulars 2007

Press cuttings

Go to Top